This Sunday, July 22, 2012, the summer outdoor screening series Movies in the Park is back with another free show in Riverdale Park East. Up this time is the quintessential action-adventure: Steven Spielberg’s 1981 film Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Harrison Ford plays Indiana Jones, an archeology professor with a fedora, a leather bullwhip and a penchant for getting into trouble. Arguably one of the most watched films of the 1980s, this is the one than launched a well-loved and highly profitable movie franchise (which as recently as 2008 had its latest sequel in theatres).
In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones, or “Indy” to his friends, searches for the Ark of the Covenant — hoping to locate it to foil the bad guys in their plans for world domination. It’s everything anyone could want in an adventure: exotic locales (Peru, Nepal, Egypt), daring escapes, car chases, a busy Cairo market, a mischievous monkey and a touch of romance.
This free outdoor screening in Riverdale Park East starts this Sunday, July 22 at around 9:00 pm. For more information, including location and parking details, please see the Movies in the Park website.
More from Toronto Film Scene
- Movies with staying power: a look at what makes a classic porn
- The Six Year Plan: issues of availability
- Meet the TFS Writers: Will Brownridge
Latest posts by Pam Fossen (see all)
- The Year in Movies: 7 films I finally got around to in 2012 – December 19, 2012
- Today on the Scene: screenings and film fun for Friday, November 30, 2012 – November 30, 2012
- Today on the Scene: screenings and film fun for Thursday, November 29, 2012 – November 29, 2012