Polls, have closed. Results, are in. Please read the following in your best William Shatner voice (don’t deny it, everyone has an impersonation). Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan takes to the big screen as this month’s installment of the Great Digital Film Festival’s Most Wanted Mondays. Before Jean-Luc and before Chris Pine, there was William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk. The good captain takes the bridge, flanked by the ever faithful Spock (Leonard Nimoy), McCoy (DeForest Kelley) and the rest of your Trek faves to take on the genetically superior Khan, an old nemesis exiled years ago. Can the crew stop Khan before he gets his hands on the Genesis device?! With glorious 80s costumes, excellent visual effects and a truly menacing villain, this may be the best entertainment Star Trek has to offer.
Star date 2012.212, or Monday, July 30, 2012 at 7:30 pm, watch the box office smash that sky-rocketed the Star Trek team to superstardom. To purchase tickets, or to see participating theatres, visit Cineplex Odeon online.
Your votes really do count. Each month, the Great Digital Film Festival and Cineplex Odeon offer up five movie options. Viewers vote for the film they most want to see back on the big screen and the winner takes it. This month it’s The Wrath of Khan, and next month it will be The Running Man.
More from Toronto Film Scene
- Porn and horror: exploring our relationship to sex and violence on the big screen
- Review: The Dark Knight Rises
- Toronto For Rent: where have all the video stores gone?
Latest posts by Meaghan MacInnis (see all)
- Romance or Die: how chick flicks fail their public – March 12, 2013
- Meet the TFS Writers: Meaghan MacInnis – March 6, 2013
- Cinema Revisited: kids’ movies we used to love…as kids – January 23, 2013