TIFF 2012 is just around the corner, and now there is even more selection to get excited about. On Monday, September 10, 2012, the first Shangri-La Hotel Toronto Asian Film Summit will take place at the soon-to-be opened Shangri-La Hotel Toronto.
The event will bring together leaders in film production, finance, distribution, exhibition and policy with an eye to creating better communication and collaborative opportunities between North America and Asia. “The Shangri-La Hotel Toronto Asian Film Summit is our humble attempt to offer a platform where industry leaders can foster deeper relationships, generate new ideas and find new business opportunities. It just made sense to celebrate the surging strength of Asia’s film industries now.” said Cameron Bailey, Artistic Director of the Toronto International Film Festival.
In attendance will be current CEO and Chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) Senator Chris Dodd, and, the person who is sure to command more attention, film star Jackie Chan.
A limited number of passes are currently available for purchase through the TIFF Sales and Industry Office to registered industry professionals. The lineup for the Summit should be announced soon, so check back here for updates.
More from Toronto Film Scene
- Porn and horror: exploring our relationship to sex and violence on the big screen
- Review: The Dark Knight Rises
- Toronto For Rent: where have all the video stores gone?
Jordan Moffatt is a person living in Toronto. He is an improviser, actor, writer and graduate of the University of Ottawa. His favourite Indiana Jones film is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. He was the third string point guard of his high school basketball team.
Latest posts by Jordan Moffatt (see all)
- Detropia begins its run at the Bloor October 5, 2012 – October 4, 2012
- CINSSU’s Free Friday Films presents The 400 Blows October 5, 2012 – October 2, 2012
- Doc Soup returns Wednesday, October 3, 2012 with THE SOURCE – October 1, 2012