Twice a month, Cineplex blasts its audience into the past with its Classic Film Series. Previously granted new life on the big screen as part of the series have been Citizen Kane, North by Northwest and The African Queen. August’s edition will be Singin’ in the Rain.
Named by the American Film Institute as the Greatest Movie Musical, Singin’ in the Rain (1952) stars Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O’Connor as performers entering the “talkie” film era.
Singin’ in the Rain is this month’s Cineplex Classic Film Series event. It plays Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 7:00 pm and again on Wednesday, August 26, 2012 at 1:00 pm. Go to Cineplex’s website to look at the cinemas participating in the event. Tickets are only $5, what a glorious feeling!
More from Toronto Film Scene
- The careless chic of French New Wave fashion
- Cinema Revisited: old Hollywood’s “˜Material Girl’, Edith Head
- Spotlight On: The Canadian Alliance of Film & Television Costume Arts & Design
Jordan Moffatt is a person living in Toronto. He is an improviser, actor, writer and graduate of the University of Ottawa. His favourite Indiana Jones film is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. He was the third string point guard of his high school basketball team.
Latest posts by Jordan Moffatt (see all)
- Detropia begins its run at the Bloor October 5, 2012 – October 4, 2012
- CINSSU’s Free Friday Films presents The 400 Blows October 5, 2012 – October 2, 2012
- Doc Soup returns Wednesday, October 3, 2012 with THE SOURCE – October 1, 2012