Who knew Marisa Tomei was still working? Well, she is and starring along side hot Canadian Joshua Jackson and distinguished Sudanese/British actor Alexander Siddig in Ruba Nadda’s newest feature Inescapable. The movie will be screening at TIFF 2012 as part of the Gala Presentations programme.
In Inescapable, former Syrian resistance movement fighter turned Canadian businessman Adib (Siddig) is living a quiet life in Toronto with his wife and two college-aged daughters. All his well until his eldest daughter travels to Greece, takes a secret detour to Damascus, and vanishes. Adib is forced to return to Syria after an absence of more than 30 years and confront his past in an attempt to rescue his daughter. With the help of his former fiancÃ©e (Marisa Tomei) and a Canadian embassy official (Joshua Jackson), Adib once again is caught in a web of lies, conspiracies, and subterfuge. After his daughter is accused of being a spy, Adib has to take up arms and embrace the violent life he thought he had left behind.
Why should you see it?
Joshua Jackson. Also, when director Ruba Nadda and Siddig paired up three years ago for Cairo Time, the film won the award for Best Canadian Feature Film. And Joshua Jackson.
Inescapable is screening on
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 6:30 pm at Roy Thomson Hall, and
- Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 5:00 pm at Scotiabank 1.
Latest posts by Brandy Dean (see all)
- Review: The We and the I – May 17, 2013
- Media Impact: the Ken Burns effect (or why Ken Burns deserves a swift kick in the balls) – April 16, 2013
- Cinema Revisited: Who is Lina Wertmüller? – March 12, 2013