Revolution screens as part of the TIFF Documentary programme. It is the second feature-length documentary from award-winning Toronto native Rob Stewart. His first, Sharkwater made huge waves in 2006.
In his follow-up documentary, Revolution, Rob Stewart dives back under water and widens his lens to examine the factors endangering marine life on the planet. This documentary takes on politics, from governments to environmental groups and expresses the frustrations and inadequacies therein. With his excellent cinematography, audiences also capture the love Rob Stewart has for marine life, and the hope and wonder that comes through is breathtaking.
Why should you see it?
Rob Stewart wowed audiences with his passion, courage, and beautiful imagery in Sharkwater. Revolution takes on a bigger scope, giving viewers a wake-up call and an appreciation of our beautiful, endangered and taken-for granted marine life.
Revolution screens on
- Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 8:45 pm, and
- Friday, September 14, 2012 at 2:30 pm.
Latest posts by Meaghan MacInnis (see all)
- Romance or Die: how chick flicks fail their public – March 12, 2013
- Meet the TFS Writers: Meaghan MacInnis – March 6, 2013
- Cinema Revisited: kids’ movies we used to love…as kids – January 23, 2013