Last week saw the release of Gimme the Loot, the SXSW Grand Jury Prize winner by Adam Leon, which sees two graffiti artists seek revenge after their replica of the…
Picture Day is the first feature for director Kate Melville, and premieres in TIFF’s Discovery programme.
Rebellious Claire (Tatiana Maslany) is forced to repeat her final year of high school. Caught between adolescence and adulthood, she must juggle her own troubles and the attentions of two very different male admirers.
Why should you see it?
The TIFF programme book note calls it “one of the most charming and vibrant debut features in recent memory”. If that’s not reason enough, then let the awesome trailer below speak for itself.
Picture Day screens on
- Friday September 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm at the Isabel Bader Theatre,
- Saturday September 8 at 3:30 pm at Cineplex Yonge & Dundas, and
- Sunday September 16 at 6:45 pm at TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Latest posts by Katarina Gligorijevic (see all)
- Mainstream vs. indie depictions of the LGBT community – May 20, 2013
- Review: Pain & Gain – April 26, 2013
- TFS Essentials: Dirty Dancing, feminism and the female gaze – March 19, 2013