Last year marked the first “Talent to Watch” panel, and this year’s second run at it was packed with incredible Canadian talent that you should definitely watch — both figuratively and literally. The panel, entitled Class of 2012: Canadian Directors to Watch, included five very talented people that include:
- Kazik Radwanski, director of Tower ,
- Kate Melville, director of Picture Day ,
- Brandon Cronenberg, director of Antiviral ,
- Jason Buxton, director of Blackbird , and
- Igor Drljaca, director of Krivina .
The panel was moderated by Katherine Monk (National Movie Critic, Postmedia news ) topics of discussion ranged from what each director had to overcome to make their film to the funding landscape.
Here is a look at the final question of the afternoon, what it means to be a director in Canada and how their nationality impacts their filmmaking.
MORE FROM TORONTO FILM SCENE
- A brief history of TIFF
- Spotlight On: Toronto Urban Film Festival
- TFS Explains: what media does at TIFF